Epic Curling back on ice
October 9, 2013
Week 1 results
Rock Hard vs. Hacks, 15-0
Tenacious C vs. Red Hut, 7-4
Ice Busters vs. Blind Squirrelers, 8-2
The Lake Tahoe Epic Curling League took to the ice for the first week of fall league play on Sunday.
Rock Hard, Tenacious C and Ice Busters all captured wins to start the season strong.
The curling club will host its first-ever bonspiel on Saturday, Nov. 9. A bonspiel is a curling tournament, and in this bonspiel Lake Tahoe will face off against teams from all across California. The Lake Tahoe Epic Curling League will invite teams from the Bay Area, Orange County, San Diego, Hollywood and the wine country in Roseville to the tournament.
Trending In: Summer Recreation
- Skiing Tahoe in August? Woodward Tahoe making snow all summer long
- Squaw Valley World Cup: 20,000 fans joined hundreds of volunteers in celebration
- REI Outessa Retreat calls Kirkwood Mountain Resort home in 2017
- Gear Review: The Kona Mahuna 29er mountain bike
- Record-breaking kokanee hooked in Tahoe waters