Epic Curling back on ice
Ryan Summerlin October 9, 2013
Week 1 results
Rock Hard vs. Hacks, 15-0
Tenacious C vs. Red Hut, 7-4
Ice Busters vs. Blind Squirrelers, 8-2
The Lake Tahoe Epic Curling League took to the ice for the first week of fall league play on Sunday.
Rock Hard, Tenacious C and Ice Busters all captured wins to start the season strong.
The curling club will host its first-ever bonspiel on Saturday, Nov. 9. A bonspiel is a curling tournament, and in this bonspiel Lake Tahoe will face off against teams from all across California. The Lake Tahoe Epic Curling League will invite teams from the Bay Area, Orange County, San Diego, Hollywood and the wine country in Roseville to the tournament.
Trending In: Summer Recreation
- Skiing in August? Woodward Tahoe making snow all summer long
- Tahoe trails a treat to runners
- Bikes, camera, action: Bike Tahoe South videos star South Shore as cycling destination
- Kamm takes the lake: 26-year-old Baltimore man swims Lake Tahoe from west to east
- Record-breaking kokanee hooked in Tahoe waters
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend