Epic Curling back on ice
October 9, 2013
Week 1 results
Rock Hard vs. Hacks, 15-0
Tenacious C vs. Red Hut, 7-4
Ice Busters vs. Blind Squirrelers, 8-2
The Lake Tahoe Epic Curling League took to the ice for the first week of fall league play on Sunday.
Rock Hard, Tenacious C and Ice Busters all captured wins to start the season strong.
The curling club will host its first-ever bonspiel on Saturday, Nov. 9. A bonspiel is a curling tournament, and in this bonspiel Lake Tahoe will face off against teams from all across California. The Lake Tahoe Epic Curling League will invite teams from the Bay Area, Orange County, San Diego, Hollywood and the wine country in Roseville to the tournament.
Trending In: Summer Recreation
- Record-breaking kokanee hooked in Tahoe waters
- Capt. Mueller of Tahoe Sport Fishing lands 24-pound mackinaw in boat off Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course during ACC
- Caples Lake fishing heating up
- Expedition: Kirkwood plans tours of The Cirque
- Move over, Lake Tahoe: Many local tiny lakes well worth a hike and a visit
- Underwater photographer captures clarity of Lake Tahoe
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- South Shore’s The Lake House Restaurant opens its doors
- South Shore community comes together for 23-year-old fighting cancer
- Free pet adoptions at El Dorado County animal shelters during December