Volunteers needed for TAMBA Trail Day
June 24, 2013
Who: Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association
What: TAMBA Trail Day – Tahoe City
When: Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where: Meet at Tahoe XC, 925 Country Club Dr. in Tahoe City
Bring: Bikes, helmets, long pants, long sleeves, gloves and water.
Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association, or TAMBA, is looking for trail building volunteers from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday in Tahoe City. Volunteers will help the US Forest Service finish a connector that will link Road 16N49 to the Tahoe Rim Trail near Cedar Flat.
Construction began on the trail several years ago when the Forest Service hired conservation crews to start the trail. When the crew reached a difficult rock section in the middle, however, the money ran out. Last year, TAMBA organized a trail day to punch through that rock section, but ran out of time to finish the last couple switchbacks. Finishing those switchbacks is Saturday's goal.
Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m., Saturday, at the Tahoe XC ski center at 925 Country Club Dr. in Tahoe City. They should bring bikes, helmets, long pants, long sleeves, gloves, water and expect a 2-mile ride to the worksite. The Burrito Window will provide lunch. RSVP on TAMBA's website.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summer Recreation
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking