Volunteers needed for TAMBA Trail Day
Ryan Summerlin June 24, 2013
Who: Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association
What: TAMBA Trail Day – Tahoe City
When: Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where: Meet at Tahoe XC, 925 Country Club Dr. in Tahoe City
Bring: Bikes, helmets, long pants, long sleeves, gloves and water.
Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association, or TAMBA, is looking for trail building volunteers from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday in Tahoe City. Volunteers will help the US Forest Service finish a connector that will link Road 16N49 to the Tahoe Rim Trail near Cedar Flat.
Construction began on the trail several years ago when the Forest Service hired conservation crews to start the trail. When the crew reached a difficult rock section in the middle, however, the money ran out. Last year, TAMBA organized a trail day to punch through that rock section, but ran out of time to finish the last couple switchbacks. Finishing those switchbacks is Saturday’s goal.
Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m., Saturday, at the Tahoe XC ski center at 925 Country Club Dr. in Tahoe City. They should bring bikes, helmets, long pants, long sleeves, gloves, water and expect a 2-mile ride to the worksite. The Burrito Window will provide lunch. RSVP on TAMBA’s website.
Trending In: Summer Recreation
- Skiing in August? Woodward Tahoe making snow all summer long
- Tahoe trails a treat to runners
- Bikes, camera, action: Bike Tahoe South videos star South Shore as cycling destination
- Kamm takes the lake: 26-year-old Baltimore man swims Lake Tahoe from west to east
- Record-breaking kokanee hooked in Tahoe waters
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species