Volunteers needed for TAMBA Trail Day
June 24, 2013
Who: Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association
What: TAMBA Trail Day – Tahoe City
When: Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Where: Meet at Tahoe XC, 925 Country Club Dr. in Tahoe City
Bring: Bikes, helmets, long pants, long sleeves, gloves and water.
Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association, or TAMBA, is looking for trail building volunteers from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday in Tahoe City. Volunteers will help the US Forest Service finish a connector that will link Road 16N49 to the Tahoe Rim Trail near Cedar Flat.
Construction began on the trail several years ago when the Forest Service hired conservation crews to start the trail. When the crew reached a difficult rock section in the middle, however, the money ran out. Last year, TAMBA organized a trail day to punch through that rock section, but ran out of time to finish the last couple switchbacks. Finishing those switchbacks is Saturday's goal.
Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m., Saturday, at the Tahoe XC ski center at 925 Country Club Dr. in Tahoe City. They should bring bikes, helmets, long pants, long sleeves, gloves, water and expect a 2-mile ride to the worksite. The Burrito Window will provide lunch. RSVP on TAMBA's website.
Trending In: Summer Recreation
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain
- Marina fee increase forces cancellation of 2017 South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter weather advisory in effect through Saturday morning
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe