Tahoe Sports and Entertainment names Michael Findorff GM
October 3, 2014
The organization that runs South Lake Tahoe Ice Arena is now under new direction. Tahoe Sports and Entertainment appointed Michael Findorff as general manager and coaching director Sept. 30.
"This hiring process proved that patience was the best approach," TSE owner Van Oleson said. "After an exhaustive search by the TSE Advisory Group — which is made up of local leaders — and working with many candidates, Michael's background positioned him clearly as the ideal candidate for both the TSE GM and coaching positions."
Findorff joins TSE from Vail Resorts, where he spent four years. Prior to growing through the ranks there, Findorff spent two years pursuing a professional hockey career in the NHL with the New York Islanders and Phoenix Coyotes.
"Michael's customer service and management background as Mountain and Village Service Supervisor then Assistant Manager in Products, Sales, and Service for Vail Resorts is key for the evolution of TSE," Oleson said. "After three years of business sustainability and growth, this is the guy our team needs to accelerate TSE's objectives. For TSE, we are on to the next level in business growth, program development and improved customer service."
An accomplished manager, Findorff received a B.A. in business management information systems from Miami University of Ohio, where he completed four seasons of NCAA Division I hockey. Having grown up in Jackson Hole, Wyo. and Colorado Springs, Colo. as a passionate young hockey player, Findorff is long accustomed to small-town mountain life.
Findorff is making the move to South Lake Tahoe from Tahoe City, Calif. with his wife Tara, who will be working in the orthopedic office at Barton Health. Both Findorff and his wife love the outdoor lifestyle of Tahoe and enjoy boating, mountain biking, hiking, golfing — and of course, skiing and snowboarding.
Since acquiring the management agreement in 2011, Tahoe Sports and Entertainment has proved its philosophy to feature Tahoe Ice Arena as a destination venue, offering differentiated tournament and elite training programs that feature Tahoe's attributes and amenities. Attracting athletes and families from across the globe allows TSE to fuel its local community outreach programs.
In the past three years, TSE has had tremendous success demonstrating that a public and private partnership can produce dramatic business growth to deliver significant economic impact to South Lake Tahoe while providing more opportunities to local youth through TSE's community outreach programs. For more information, visit http://www.tahoearena.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- South Tahoe softball ends season at NIAA 3A regional tournament
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- Lake Tahoe CC men’s soccer rides fast start past Butte 5-0, moves atop Golden Valley Conference
- Tahoe Chamber CEO resigns after three months
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- ‘The epitome of Tahoe’ — family, friends to remember man killed in vehicle-vs-bicycle crash
- Elevation Eats: A ‘feast for the senses’ at MoonHouse Brewhouse
- Lake Tahoe gears up for epic wildflower season