Taylor out; Joyner in ACC
July 9, 2006
The American Century Championship’s player roster was tweaked a bit last Friday.
Miami Dolphins’ defensive end Jason Taylor, Actor Aidan Quinn and chef Bobby Flay decided to pull out of the 54-hole championship that begins on Friday at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course.
Their withdrawals created openings for former Major League All-Star Wally Joyner, jockey Corey Nakatani and actor Matthew Settle.
Rhoden ties for 41st in Open
Celebrity golf star Rick Rhoden finished in great company after the final round of the U.S. Senior Open on Sunday in Hutchinson, Kan.
Rhoden tied for 41st with Champions Tour stars Gil Morgan, Jerry Pate and Dana Quigley. The former major league pitcher shot a final-round 71 after firing rounds of 71, 75 and 73 and was 18 strokes behind winner Allen Doyle.
He earned $11,890.
The 53-year-old Rhoden won’t be permitted to play in this week’s ACC because of his 2006 conditional Champions Tour card.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports