Tough Mudder returns to Northstar
June 18, 2013
Tough Mudder, the premier adventure challenge series in the world, will return to Northstar California Resort in North Lake Tahoe on July 13 and 14 and Sept. 28 and 29.
Tough Mudder events are 10-plus-mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit and camaraderie. Tough Mudder's innovative courses have attracted 750,000 inspiring participants worldwide to date. Through Tough Mudder, these participants have raised more than $5 million for the Wounded Warrior Project.
"We're thrilled to welcome Tough Mudder and its participants back to Northstar this summer and fall. It was incredible witnessing the determination and drive of those who participated last year, and I can only imagine what obstacles the course will feature this season at Northstar," said Bill Rock, chief operating officer at Northstar. "One of the most impactful parts of the event is the pep talk given as each wave of participants gets ready to head out onto the course. Tough Mudder's support of the Wounded Warrior Project is an incredible reminder of the sacrifice our military gives on behalf of our country every day."
Registration is open for both events. The Tahoe Summer event is already 77 percent sold, and rates for both the summer and fall events are scheduled to increase on May 3. Right now, standard entry rate is $135 for Saturday and $125 for Sunday. Registration will increase by $10 after May 3 and $45 after June 14. The registration cost includes an event T-shirt, a hard-earned beer, bragging rights and live music during the post-event party.
Spectator tickets will be available for sale online for $20 until noon on the Friday before the event weekends. They will be sold for $40 cash only onsite. For the safety of pets, participants and spectators, dogs will not be permitted on the mountain at Northstar during the Tough Mudder event weekends.
For more information or to register, go to http://www.ToughMudder.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Which Lake Tahoe golf courses are open for play?
- South Tahoe softball ends season at NIAA 3A regional tournament
- Hike around Lake Tahoe: Most backcountry trails still covered with ‘a lot of snow’
- Whittell, South Tahoe track teams to compete at NIAA state tournament
- South Tahoe football player to attend University of San Diego
- Tahoe Chamber CEO resigns after three months
- ‘The epitome of Tahoe’ — family, friends to remember man killed in vehicle-vs-bicycle crash
- Elevation Eats: A ‘feast for the senses’ at MoonHouse Brewhouse
- Reforestation begins after Emerald Fire; cause of burn released
- Lake Tahoe gears up for epic wildflower season