Tough Mudder returns to Northstar
June 18, 2013
Tough Mudder, the premier adventure challenge series in the world, will return to Northstar California Resort in North Lake Tahoe on July 13 and 14 and Sept. 28 and 29.
Tough Mudder events are 10-plus-mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit and camaraderie. Tough Mudder's innovative courses have attracted 750,000 inspiring participants worldwide to date. Through Tough Mudder, these participants have raised more than $5 million for the Wounded Warrior Project.
"We're thrilled to welcome Tough Mudder and its participants back to Northstar this summer and fall. It was incredible witnessing the determination and drive of those who participated last year, and I can only imagine what obstacles the course will feature this season at Northstar," said Bill Rock, chief operating officer at Northstar. "One of the most impactful parts of the event is the pep talk given as each wave of participants gets ready to head out onto the course. Tough Mudder's support of the Wounded Warrior Project is an incredible reminder of the sacrifice our military gives on behalf of our country every day."
Registration is open for both events. The Tahoe Summer event is already 77 percent sold, and rates for both the summer and fall events are scheduled to increase on May 3. Right now, standard entry rate is $135 for Saturday and $125 for Sunday. Registration will increase by $10 after May 3 and $45 after June 14. The registration cost includes an event T-shirt, a hard-earned beer, bragging rights and live music during the post-event party.
Spectator tickets will be available for sale online for $20 until noon on the Friday before the event weekends. They will be sold for $40 cash only onsite. For the safety of pets, participants and spectators, dogs will not be permitted on the mountain at Northstar during the Tough Mudder event weekends.
For more information or to register, go to http://www.ToughMudder.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Community College to consider adding athletic programs
- Whittell transfers Galli and Moretti key to South Tahoe success on football field
- South Tahoe football edged by Churchill
- Come Up For Air (CUFA) 2017 Fall Classic draws many to Lake Tahoe Basin
- Vikings girls earn tie vs. defending state champ Truckee
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Lake Tahoe weather: Happy first day of fall, here is some more snow