Viking boys jump on Churchill, cruise to win
September 29, 2017
After three games without scoring a goal, the South Tahoe boys' soccer team got on track Wednesday with an 8-3 victory over Churchill in Fallon, Nevada.
Daniel Hernandez recorded a hat trick to lead the Vikings' offense while Armando Rosales and Giovani Yanez scored two goals apiece and Oscar Marzocco netted one.
South Tahoe (3-2-2 3A Northern League) scored seven goals in the first half.
"Our team's moving in the right direction," said Vikings head coach Leon Abravanel. "We have a strong game on Saturday vs. North Tahoe who is undefeated. We believe that if we play our best, we can get a result vs. anyone in Nevada."
The Vikings are in fifth place in the 3A Northern League and will host the Lakers (7-0-0 3A Northern) at noon Saturday at South Tahoe.
Truckee is in second (5-1-0) followed by Sparks (4-1-1) and Elko (4-3-0).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell football scores 104 in slugfest with Mineral County
- Lake Tahoe Community College women, men soccer teams both in national poll
- Tahoe MedWAR Challenge creating real life wilderness survival skills
- STMS 7th grade boys and girls cross country teams win league championships
- South Tahoe doubles team wins 3A Northern Region title
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- The latest on California wildfires: Napa Valley school remain closed until Monday