Viking volleyers suffer narrow loss at Truckee
September 29, 2017
The South Tahoe volleyball team suffered a tough loss Wednesday night to its host, the Truckee Wolverines.
The Vikings fell 3-1 (27-25, 19-25, 25-22, 25-22) and overall were outscored by just two points in the highly-competitive match.
South Tahoe senior McKenna Brewer was a monster at the net. She blocked 10 total shots and nine of them were solo stops. She also led the team in attacks with 11 kills and served for a co-team-high four aces.
Also for South Tahoe (4-3 3A Northern League), Sofia Hedqvist had six kills and four service aces, Jerra McLaughlin had five kills and five blocks, two were solo, Hailey Naccarato made 17 digs, Tyler Pevenage had 27 assists and Teagan Williamson and Layne Hembree each had four kills.
The Vikings dropped into fifth place in the conference behind Dayton (5-2), Truckee (5-2) and Lowry (4-2) and will host first place Fernley (6-1 3A Northern) at 12 p.m. Saturday in South Tahoe.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell football scores 104 in slugfest with Mineral County
- Lake Tahoe Community College women, men soccer teams both in national poll
- STMS 7th grade boys and girls cross country teams win league championships
- Tahoe MedWAR Challenge creating real life wilderness survival skills
- South Tahoe doubles team wins 3A Northern Region title
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort