Vikings extend winning streak, now 6-5 overall
Ryan Summerlin April 3, 2014
The Viking baseball team traveled to Dayton Tuesday afternoon to take on the 2-10 Dust Devils of Dayton High School, and South Tahoe came away with a 21-6 win.
Freshman Garrett Harley pitched the first three innings before senior Sergio Burgueno was brought in for the rest of the game.
“(Burgueno) threw a lot of strikes and got a lot of ground balls. Our defense really helped him out,” said coach Starbuck Teevan.
Offensively, junior Kolby Eymann went five for five with a double, five RBIs and two stolen bases on two attempts. He also hit the first home run of his high school career.
“He was the catalyst for getting the offense going,” said Teevan.
Dominic Diana went five for six with three RBIs and RJ Rivera was three for four with four RBIs.
“We really hit the ball hard all day,” said Teevan. “Hopefully we can continue the momentum going into the weekend.”
The win improved South Tahoe’s record to 6-5 overall and 5-1 in league play. The Vikings travel to Truckee Saturday for a double-header against the 1-8 Wolverines.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe Marathon returns to South Shore for 21st year, brings fun to running
- South Tahoe football beats Lowry 44-6, stays healthy while winning third straight
- South Tahoe girls soccer blanks Elko, Spring Creek, delivers first shutouts of season
- Slow start costs Whittell football in 36-30 loss to Virginia City
- South Tahoe volleyball hangs with league leading Truckee, falls in four sets
- South Lake Tahoe Warm Room consequences (opinion)
- The Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe sells for $42.5M
- Collin still committed to South Lake Tahoe council candidacy after fatal wreck
- Letter: Goodbye, old friend
- Tahoe Keys to apply for herbicide trial in effort to fight aquatic invasive species