Vikings extend winning streak, now 6-5 overall
April 3, 2014
The Viking baseball team traveled to Dayton Tuesday afternoon to take on the 2-10 Dust Devils of Dayton High School, and South Tahoe came away with a 21-6 win.
Freshman Garrett Harley pitched the first three innings before senior Sergio Burgueno was brought in for the rest of the game.
"(Burgueno) threw a lot of strikes and got a lot of ground balls. Our defense really helped him out," said coach Starbuck Teevan.
Offensively, junior Kolby Eymann went five for five with a double, five RBIs and two stolen bases on two attempts. He also hit the first home run of his high school career.
"He was the catalyst for getting the offense going," said Teevan.
Dominic Diana went five for six with three RBIs and RJ Rivera was three for four with four RBIs.
"We really hit the ball hard all day," said Teevan. "Hopefully we can continue the momentum going into the weekend."
The win improved South Tahoe's record to 6-5 overall and 5-1 in league play. The Vikings travel to Truckee Saturday for a double-header against the 1-8 Wolverines.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)
- Still mixed conditions on some Lake Tahoe trails following big winter, mild spring
- Steph Curry joins list of celebrities playing in American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe
- Justin Timberlake to compete in 2017 Lake Tahoe ACC celebrity golf tournament
- LAX at the Lake lacrosse tournament empowers girls through sports
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Parking restrictions beefed up at Raley’s Village Center
- 5 things to know about the proposed South Lake Tahoe sales tax for roads
- New university center to bring more 4-year degrees to Lake Tahoe Community College