Vikings extend winning streak, now 6-5 overall
April 3, 2014
The Viking baseball team traveled to Dayton Tuesday afternoon to take on the 2-10 Dust Devils of Dayton High School, and South Tahoe came away with a 21-6 win.
Freshman Garrett Harley pitched the first three innings before senior Sergio Burgueno was brought in for the rest of the game.
“(Burgueno) threw a lot of strikes and got a lot of ground balls. Our defense really helped him out,” said coach Starbuck Teevan.
Offensively, junior Kolby Eymann went five for five with a double, five RBIs and two stolen bases on two attempts. He also hit the first home run of his high school career.
“He was the catalyst for getting the offense going,” said Teevan.
Dominic Diana went five for six with three RBIs and RJ Rivera was three for four with four RBIs.
“We really hit the ball hard all day,” said Teevan. “Hopefully we can continue the momentum going into the weekend.”
The win improved South Tahoe’s record to 6-5 overall and 5-1 in league play. The Vikings travel to Truckee Saturday for a double-header against the 1-8 Wolverines.
Trending In: Sports
- Queen of the halfpipe: South Lake Tahoe native Maddie Bowman dominates the competition on skis — and loves her craft
- Whittell boys b-ball looks to continue the culture, defend state championship in 2016-17 season
- South Tahoe boys b-ball aims to contend for league title in 2016-17 season behind talent and experience
- Biking boost: South Lake Tahoe awarded silver designation as Bicycle Friendly Community, trending in positive direction
- Warm up, cool down: Add a routine before and after a day on the mountain for a long, healthy season in the snow
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe food tampering suspect caught shoplifting dog food at Raley’s last summer
- Police seeking assistance with hit and run outside Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Stay ‘bear aware’ during winter in the Lake Tahoe region
- Police seeking suspect in purse thefts at Stateline casinos