Vikings extend winning streak, now 6-5 overall
April 3, 2014
The Viking baseball team traveled to Dayton Tuesday afternoon to take on the 2-10 Dust Devils of Dayton High School, and South Tahoe came away with a 21-6 win.
Freshman Garrett Harley pitched the first three innings before senior Sergio Burgueno was brought in for the rest of the game.
"(Burgueno) threw a lot of strikes and got a lot of ground balls. Our defense really helped him out," said coach Starbuck Teevan.
Offensively, junior Kolby Eymann went five for five with a double, five RBIs and two stolen bases on two attempts. He also hit the first home run of his high school career.
"He was the catalyst for getting the offense going," said Teevan.
Dominic Diana went five for six with three RBIs and RJ Rivera was three for four with four RBIs.
"We really hit the ball hard all day," said Teevan. "Hopefully we can continue the momentum going into the weekend."
The win improved South Tahoe's record to 6-5 overall and 5-1 in league play. The Vikings travel to Truckee Saturday for a double-header against the 1-8 Wolverines.
Trending In: Sports
- Bear activity picking up around Lake Tahoe; people urged to be ‘bear aware’
- At 80 years young, Lake Tahoe man is Heavenly Mountain Resort ski instructor
- Fresno man falls to his death at Harveys Lake Tahoe
- Indian restaurant hidden in a liquor store gains following in South Lake Tahoe
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain