Vikings tennis defeats Incline on road
September 29, 2017
The South Tahoe boys' tennis team defeated host Incline 13-5 Tuesday.
Mickey Sullivan led the Vikings singles players with three victories while only dropping four games in three sets.
Drew Pilkington sealed the team win with his first varsity singles win.
Ian Smith and Adin Burns led the doubles teams with two dominating wins before being pulled in the third round after the match was decided.
Also for the Vikings, sophomore singles player Juan Vazquez earned two victories in two matches, Bryin Schouten earned a point for a win, Sonam Sherpa and Clyde Rypins and Quinn Proctor and Pete Sullivan won all three of their respective doubles matches.
South Tahoe (6-1 Division 1A) is in second place. The team played against Truckee (9-0 Division 1A) Thursday, after deadline, at Tahoe Conner Tennis Center in Truckee.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell football scores 104 in slugfest with Mineral County
- Lake Tahoe Community College women, men soccer teams both in national poll
- Tahoe MedWAR Challenge creating real life wilderness survival skills
- Whittell football hosts Mineral with playoffs in balance
- Vikings football eyes 3rd straight win against Dayton
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- The latest on California wildfires: Napa Valley school remain closed until Monday