Warren Miller film to be shown in Reno, Tahoe
November 15, 2005
The first Northern Nevada showing of Warren Miller’s 50th anniversary film titled “Higher Ground” will take place on Saturday at the Reno Events Center.
This year’s film features a segment on Heavenly Mountain Resort, which is also celebrating its 50th anniversary this winter. Doors open at 6 p.m., with the show scheduled for 8 p.m. Adult tickets are $17 in advance and $20 at the door. Kids tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door.
Higher Ground is expected to include footage of several local athletes, including up-and-coming telemark skier Ty Dayberry, a senior at South Tahoe High School; Heavenly freestyle sensation Brent Abrams; and South Shore native Glen Plake.
Higher Ground will also air on Nov. 25-26 at the Cal Neva Resort on the North Shore, Dec. 1 and Dec. 3 at Caesars Tahoe in Stateline and on Dec. 7 at the Carson City Community Center in Carson City.
Adventure challenge for females to stop at Folsom
The National Adventure Girl Challenge will launch its inaugural series in 2006 and will include five events nationwide.
While the first challenge will take place March 24-25 in Miami, the fifth and final challenge will be held at Folsom Lake State Recreation Area outside Sacramento on Oct. 14 and 15.
Adventure Girl Challenge requirements will vary due to location, but generally will include 2-3 miles of foot travel, 1-2 miles of kayaking, 8-10 miles of mountain biking, as well as other mental and physical challenges. Events are open to women and girls of all ages, abilities and motivations.
For more information, visit http://www.adventuregirlchallenge.com or call (510) 757-1181.
Trending In: Sports
- Take a hike: 6 spots to enjoy autumn colors around Lake Tahoe
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort expands learning terrain, revamps menu, bids water bottles farewell for 2016-17 season
- TAMBA’s Corral Night Ride takes over South Shore trail after dark with Halloween revelry (photos)
- Heavenly Mountain Resort debuts on-demand lessons for 2016-17 season
- South Tahoe girls soccer downs Fallon 3-0 on Senior Night, celebrates outgoing players
- Lake Tahoe welcomes ski-in, ski-out coworking space at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Man walks across America (and through Lake Tahoe) to spread word on drug overdose
- My View (Carl Ribaudo): Why the Loop Road matters (opinion)
- Debate continues over South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T and Loop Road Project
- Michael Alan Laub