Whittell golf team places fifth
March 28, 2003
The Whittell High golf team placed fifth in a 12-team invitation match at Desert Lakes in Fernley Thursday afternoon.
The match included Northern Nevada 2A and 3A schools. The 2A Warriors were led by Parker Fox’s 83. Mike Flanagan shot an 84, Cody Herrington 84, Brian Jones 89, Devin Farnsworth 97 and Scott Lusby 103.
Manogue won the match with a team score of 420. The Warriors shot a 437 collectively. Medalist was Nick Verner of Lowry with a 76.
“I think we can do a little better, but we’re improving,” said Warriors coach Steve Maltase. “It’s still pretty early. If we keep improving each week we will be okay, but right now we’re still looking for consistency.
“One bright spot was Herrington’s 84,” Maltase added, noting the freshman shot his lowest score of the season.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort opening today
- Die-hard skiers and riders turn out for opening day at Kirkwood Mountain (videos)
- Lake Tahoe Community College Coyotes fall to Santa Rosa in NorCal quarterfinals
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- New attractions set stage for 2017-18 winter at Tahoe resorts
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal