February 22, 2017
February got off to a busy start for USASA (United States of America Snowboard and Freeski Association) South Tahoe series with three days of events.
Things got started with a rail jam under the lights at Sierra-at-Tahoe Friday, Feb. 3. In total, 39 competitors participated.
The next day Northstar hosted at halfpipe event featuring 33 competitors from the South Shore, West Slope and Northern California.
The busy weekend closed with a slopestyle event at Boreal. A total of 39 competitors participated in that event.
It was great work by all who made this possible including USASA South Tahoe Series directors Bridjet and Joey Orr, USASA sponsors Blackstrap, Shoreline at Tahoe, Woodward at Tahoe, Columbia Clothing and others, including the management and staff at all three resorts.
USASA South Tahoe series has been going since 1999. More information on events can be found at http://bit.ly/2m5sHPy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Winter Recreation
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- Lake Tahoe, California ski resorts see record snowfall
- Lowest Tahoe Local, Tahoe Value pass prices for 2016-17 season at Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar available through Labor Day
- Q&A: Tahoe X Games gold winner Maddie Bowman on her return to the top
- Sierra history: When Tahoe’s Granlibakken almost earned the 1932 Olympics
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room