February 22, 2017
February got off to a busy start for USASA (United States of America Snowboard and Freeski Association) South Tahoe series with three days of events.
Things got started with a rail jam under the lights at Sierra-at-Tahoe Friday, Feb. 3. In total, 39 competitors participated.
The next day Northstar hosted at halfpipe event featuring 33 competitors from the South Shore, West Slope and Northern California.
The busy weekend closed with a slopestyle event at Boreal. A total of 39 competitors participated in that event.
It was great work by all who made this possible including USASA South Tahoe Series directors Bridjet and Joey Orr, USASA sponsors Blackstrap, Shoreline at Tahoe, Woodward at Tahoe, Columbia Clothing and others, including the management and staff at all three resorts.
USASA South Tahoe series has been going since 1999. More information on events can be found at http://bit.ly/2m5sHPy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Winter Recreation
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes