Far West Skiing announces schedule
October 10, 2013
Far West Tahoe Schedule
Dec. 14-15: parallel at Kirkwood
Dec. 21-22: U16 slalom at Heavenly
Jan 4-5: U14 slalom at Sugar Bowl
Jan. 11-12: U10-12 slalom at Alpine Meadows
Jan. 25-26: U14 slalom, giant slalom at Squaw Valley
Feb 8-9: U24 parallel at Alpine Meadows
March 6-9: U14 performance camp at Sugar Bowl
March 15-16: U14+ giant slalom at Northstar
March 19-23: U18+ US Nationals at Squaw Valley
April 3-6: U10-12 championships, U14+ tech finals at Alpine Meadows
Far West Skiing, a division of USSA, released the 2013-14 winter season competition schedules, and the skiers are gearing up for another exciting year.
Far West Skiing is comprised of three regions — North, Central and South — and includes skiers from the states of California and Nevada. Far West Skiing competition begins at the U10 level and goes up to SR – U18.
Trending In: Winter Recreation
- How long will ski season run at Lake Tahoe resorts?
- Lake Tahoe, California ski resorts see record snowfall
- Lowest Tahoe Local, Tahoe Value pass prices for 2016-17 season at Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar available through Labor Day
- Operation Rebound brings vets together; returns to Sierra-at-Tahoe Saturday
- Sierra history: When Tahoe’s Granlibakken almost earned the 1932 Olympics
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Boaters leaving Lake Tahoe must remove drain plug
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- South Lake Brewing Company celebrates grand opening (photos)
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade