Youth soccer team competes in shootout
November 6, 2013
The American Youth Soccer Organization U10 Boys Cascade Division Team is shown at the Kit Carson Shootout held Nov. 2-3 at the Edmonds Sports Complex in Carson City. Six teams competed representing Carson City, Truckee, Bishop, Mammoth, Carson Valle, and South Tahoe. The boys tied their first game 2-2 against powerhouse Bishop. Game two was a 4-0 shutout against Mammoth. The boys went on to win game 3 against Carson valley 3-0. Omar Llamas scored 3 goals in the final game taking down powerhouse Bishop 3-0.
"After the first 2 goals against him, goalie Colby Wyckoff shutout all the other teams," Jones stated in an email.
The team was led by head coach David Jones and assistant coach Mike Yarbrough. Team players consist of William Dawes, Jhoany Hernandez, Forrest Jones, Omar Llamas, Daniel Medina, Liam Molesworth, Leonel Nevarez, Alex Rodriguez, Colby Wyckoff and Thomas Yarbrough.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Smoke from Mariposa County fire continues to fill Tahoe Basin (video)
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water as dispute over bills continues
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Carson City bypass ready for debut; residents to ride, run, walk final stretch of freeway Saturday
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite