Youth soccer team competes in shootout
November 6, 2013
The American Youth Soccer Organization U10 Boys Cascade Division Team is shown at the Kit Carson Shootout held Nov. 2-3 at the Edmonds Sports Complex in Carson City. Six teams competed representing Carson City, Truckee, Bishop, Mammoth, Carson Valle, and South Tahoe. The boys tied their first game 2-2 against powerhouse Bishop. Game two was a 4-0 shutout against Mammoth. The boys went on to win game 3 against Carson valley 3-0. Omar Llamas scored 3 goals in the final game taking down powerhouse Bishop 3-0.
“After the first 2 goals against him, goalie Colby Wyckoff shutout all the other teams,” Jones stated in an email.
The team was led by head coach David Jones and assistant coach Mike Yarbrough. Team players consist of William Dawes, Jhoany Hernandez, Forrest Jones, Omar Llamas, Daniel Medina, Liam Molesworth, Leonel Nevarez, Alex Rodriguez, Colby Wyckoff and Thomas Yarbrough.
Trending In: Sports
- South Tahoe girls soccer falls behind early, loses 3-2 to rival Truckee under the lights
- South Tahoe volleyball swept by Dayton at home (photos)
- South Tahoe football reigns over Elko, extends winning streak to six games
- Whittell football routes Mineral County 60-18, closes in on playoff spot
- Mark Rypien coping with family tragedy