Youth soccer team competes in shootout
November 6, 2013
The American Youth Soccer Organization U10 Boys Cascade Division Team is shown at the Kit Carson Shootout held Nov. 2-3 at the Edmonds Sports Complex in Carson City. Six teams competed representing Carson City, Truckee, Bishop, Mammoth, Carson Valle, and South Tahoe. The boys tied their first game 2-2 against powerhouse Bishop. Game two was a 4-0 shutout against Mammoth. The boys went on to win game 3 against Carson valley 3-0. Omar Llamas scored 3 goals in the final game taking down powerhouse Bishop 3-0.
"After the first 2 goals against him, goalie Colby Wyckoff shutout all the other teams," Jones stated in an email.
The team was led by head coach David Jones and assistant coach Mike Yarbrough. Team players consist of William Dawes, Jhoany Hernandez, Forrest Jones, Omar Llamas, Daniel Medina, Liam Molesworth, Leonel Nevarez, Alex Rodriguez, Colby Wyckoff and Thomas Yarbrough.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Whittell transfers Galli and Moretti key to South Tahoe success on football field
- Nevada bear hunting season stirs strong emotions in Lake Tahoe Basin
- Come Up For Air (CUFA) 2017 Fall Classic draws many to Lake Tahoe Basin
- Lake Tahoe Community College to consider adding athletic programs
- Vikings girls earn tie vs. defending state champ Truckee
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Fatal 16-vehicle crash cleared, westbound I-80 reopens near Eagle Lakes
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Kirkwood fined over wetlands contamination