INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Enrollment for the federal Affordable Care Act begins Tuesday, Oct. 1.
In preparation for the mandate, the Washoe County Library System is hosting a series of forums to educate residents on changes, including one this week in Incline Village. Officials with Community Health Alliance, based in Reno, will be on hand to discuss the following topics, among others:
• What is health insurance?
• Why you need it?
• What is Nevada Health Link?
• Plans and eligibility,
• What is covered?
• Important dates.
“Connecting people with information is a core service for libraries,” says Arnie Maurins, director of Washoe County libraries. “We anticipate that many people will have questions about the Affordable Care Act and we welcome the chance to offer a venue for informational programs like these.”
Below is the schedule of program locations and times:
• Wednesday, Oct. 2, 6 p.m. at the Incline Village Library, 845 Alder Ave., Incline Village
• Saturday, Oct. 5, noon at the Northwest Reno Library, 2325 Robb Drive, Reno
• Thursday, Oct. 10, 10:30 a.m. at the Sierra View Library, 4001 S. Virginia St., Reno
• Saturday, Oct. 12, 11 a.m. at the Sparks Library, 1125 12th St., Sparks
• Sunday, Oct. 13, 2 p.m. at the Downtown Reno Library, 301 S. Center St., Reno
• Saturday, Oct. 19, 11 a.m. at the North Valleys Library, 1075 North Hills Blvd., Reno
• Wednesday, Oct. 23, 6 p.m. at the South Valleys Library, 15650A Wedge Parkway, Reno
The nonprofit Community Health Alliance works with the Great Basin Primary Care Association, which is one of the navigator organizations awarded grants by the state to do outreach and enrollment for Nevada Health Link. For information, visit NevadaHealthLink.com.
For information about library information and programs visit www.washoecountylibrary.us.