Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Nov. 19 to Dec. 2, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers responded to a domestic violence report and found the male victim to have an outstanding misdemeanor warrant out of El Dorado County. The subject was booked for the arrest warrant without incident. The domestic violence arrest was documented.
• Woman called reporting a disturbance between her and her boyfriend and did not provide location. She was located on Waterloo Circle and an investigation revealed she had inflicted minor but visible corporal injury on her boyfriend during an argument. She was subsequently arrested and booked for felony domestic violence. Records check on her boyfriend revealed an active warrant for which he was subsequently arrested and booked.
• Boyfriend and girlfriend were involved in a physical altercation on Huntsman Leap. The male was found to be the primary aggressor and was arrested.
• Officers took a report of a broken window of a business located on Donner Pass Road.
• A juvenile was found to be in possession of marijuana and a cigarette lighter on Donner Pass Road. The juvenile was cited and released to his parent.
• An unknown suspect used victim’s credit card to make fraudulent purchases.
• A victim of identity theft reported her name and address were used fraudulently by an unknown suspect. The victim requested an officer to take an information report for her credit card company.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations and was arrested for DUI.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was cited and released due to medical condition preventing incarceration.
• The Truckee Fire District responded to an un-permitted fire along the banks of the Truckee River on Donner Pass Road, east of Highway 89 South. The subject responsible for the fire fled on foot from the firemen, who called TPD for assistance. The subject was found, identified and detained. The subject was cited and released.
• A vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• A driver was stopped for traffic violation. The driver was subsequently found to be in possession of concentrated cannabis. The driver was cited and released.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• An unknown suspect collided with two parked vehicles on Red Fir Road. The suspect fled the scene prior law enforcement contact.
• In attempting to park in a downtown parking spot, a driver ran over the curb and hit a bench. There were no injuries reported. Information report was taken.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers stopped a motorist for not wearing his seatbelt. The motorist was found to have an out of county warrant for his arrest. The vehicle that the motorist was driving was stored and inventoried. During the inventory search of the vehicle, a deadly weapon was found behind the driver’s seat. The motorist was arrested and booked for the warrants and weapon.
• Officers reported single vehicle non-injury collision with property damage to a garbage enclosure.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations and a search of the vehicle revealed marijuana. The owner was cited and released.
• Reporting party claimed a female subject was stalking her at her place of business.
• A husband and wife got into verbal argument over alcohol consumption. During the argument the wife attempted to keep the husband from leaving the apartment until the police arrived. The husband pushed the wife out of his way and knocked her to ground.
• Officers responded to a burglary call on Munich Drive. The reporting party stated an unknown person took items from the house sometime within the last 3 months.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver was found to have been driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked without further incident.
• Small window on a door was broken and an unknown subject(s) likely entered the school on Dorchester Drive. Based on the alarm activation, subject(s) likely only entered one hallway. Nothing inside of the school was identified as tampered with or taken.
• An unknown person(s) vandalized a vehicle by scratching the paint, breaking the windshield and pouring sugar in the gas tank. The incident occurred on Rue Ivy.
• Caller reported having his power shut off by unknown subject(s) and a possibly stolen Virgin Mary statue was left in front of his porch. The caller has been experiencing ongoing issues with pranks of similar nature. The house is located on Glenshire Drive.
• A citizen reported fraudulent charges on her credit card by an unknown suspect.
• Victim reported the theft of his bicycle from Donner Pass Road.
• An unidentified individual broke into a rental home on Trout Creek Road. It is believed to have removed something from the attic. The reporting party suspects it was a previous tenant.
• Officers contacted a female sitting inside her vehicle. She was determined to be driving while under the influence of alcohol.
• A wallet was lost near the area of Red Fir Road and Martis Valley Road. A report was requested in case the wallet was turned in.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations. Motorcycle was found to have plates from another motorcycle. The motorcycle has not been registered in California. The driver was cited and released.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle without license plates. An investigation determined the driver to be in possession of multiple controlled substances.
• Victim reported he was assaulted, kidnapped, falsely imprisoned and forced to give up his personal items by known suspects.
Truckee Police Logs are published in the Sierra Sun as space is available, and as they are published online on the town of Truckee’s website.