TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Residents and visitors will know summertime has arrived with the beginning of the Tahoe City Solstice Festival, one of Tahoe City Downtown Association’s signature annual events.
“In addition to Tahoe City’s distinctive charms — including convenient lake access, acclaimed artists, fabulous restaurants and notable shops and galleries — the Thursday Farmers Market, Solstice Stroll Classic Car Show on Friday, Saturday Tahoe City Wine Walk and Sunday’s concert are annual Solstice Festival highlights,” shares Stacie Lyans, TVDA’s executive director.
Participating organizations, businesses and restaurants will treat locals and visitors with Solstice Festival specials to welcome the summer season. To learn more about deals, the festival and TCDA, visit VisitTahoeCity.com.
Below is a breakdown of events for the June 19-22 festival:
Thursday, June 19
• Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Commons Beach. FoothillFarmersMarket.com
Friday, June 20
Solstice Sip ‘n Shop, 3 to 8 p.m.
• Solstice Sip ‘n Shop offers adult beverages for shoppers at the Trunk Show in the Cobblestone Center who are checking out the latest works by local artists and on the spot custom jewelry design by Bella Petunia. TahoeTrunkShow.com
Solstice Stroll Classic Car Show, 6 to 8 p.m.
• North Lake Tahoe Boulevard will become a nostalgic journey through Tahoe’s love affair with classic automobiles and collector cars. Vote for best in show during the early evening Solstice Stroll Classic Car Show (free). For more information and to register a car, visit VisitTahoeCity.com or call 530-583-3348.
Saturday, June 21
Solstice Paddle on Lake Tahoe, 9 to 11:30 a.m.
• Glide across water so clear that you can see the bottom, paddle past historic homes and hear interesting stories about local history, culture and landmarks with a special half priced, full experience guided paddle with Tahoe City Kayak. Call 530-581-4336 for reservations ($37.50/person).
Volunteer Training with UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• The UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center is training community volunteers to guide tours at the education center in Tahoe City. Training includes Lake Tahoe facts, environmental issues, geology, research and ecology. This free training takes place at the Tahoe City Field Station. Call 775-881-7560 for more information.
Tahoe City Wine Walk, Noon – 4 p.m.
• Heralded as the most fun you can have in Tahoe City in one afternoon, the 9th annual Tahoe City Wine Walk offers over two dozen tasting locations featuring regional wineries paired with gourmet bites from the area’s top restaurants and catering companies. Tickets may be purchased in advance at TahoeCityWineWalk.com.
Sunday, June 22
Concerts at Commons Beach, 3 to 7 p.m.
• The first show of the season, featuring Afrolicious and Roemers, begins at 3 p.m. Visit www.concertsatcommonsbeach.com for details.