Born in Oakland, California, on May 8, 1938, and died in Casa Grande, Arizona, on Tuesday, May 28, 2013. Art was diagnosed with cancer in mid-April and died less than six weeks later. He retired to Casa Grande in 1997 from Tahoe City, California. He will be remembered as a guy who loved to play golf, read golf, watch golf (on TV), was great fun to be around, and loved by all who knew him. Anyone who ever got the “Artie look” will never forget it! He is survived by wife Duane Johnson, (formerly of Tahoe City); his two children, daughter Rachel Johnson of Reno, Nevada and son Jeffrey Johnson of Oakland, California; and a sister, Nancy Wells of Prineville, Oregon. Art served his country and his community in the Army, was a Mason and a Shriner. During parts of Art’s life he owned and operated a service station, and a restaurant/bar. He also worked in the construction field. Art will be greatly missed!
Obituary: Johnson, Arthur (Art/Artie) A.
Trending in: Obituaries
- Obituary: Betty Louise Sittre
- Obituary: Charles Duane White
- Obituary: Hildred Charlotte Pehrson
- Obituary: Linda Kristina Vierra
- Obituary: Rudolf Gautschi
- Truckee Police: Home burglaries on the rise
- Tahoe man injured in Truckee crash is former prosecutor
- Chateau project developer makes deal to purchase other parcels; project could move forward as envisioned
- Horizon to undergo multi-million dollar renovation
- Local pilot survives, wife killed in Truckee plane crash