Born in Oakland, California, on May 8, 1938, and died in Casa Grande, Arizona, on Tuesday, May 28, 2013. Art was diagnosed with cancer in mid-April and died less than six weeks later. He retired to Casa Grande in 1997 from Tahoe City, California. He will be remembered as a guy who loved to play golf, read golf, watch golf (on TV), was great fun to be around, and loved by all who knew him. Anyone who ever got the “Artie look” will never forget it! He is survived by wife Duane Johnson, (formerly of Tahoe City); his two children, daughter Rachel Johnson of Reno, Nevada and son Jeffrey Johnson of Oakland, California; and a sister, Nancy Wells of Prineville, Oregon. Art served his country and his community in the Army, was a Mason and a Shriner. During parts of Art’s life he owned and operated a service station, and a restaurant/bar. He also worked in the construction field. Art will be greatly missed!
Obituary: Johnson, Arthur (Art/Artie) A.
Trending in: Obituaries
- Obituary: Paul Michel Laxalt
- Obituary: James Robert Buergin
- Obituary: Nathan Anders Johnson
- Obituary: Asa W. Collins III
- OBITUARY | Barbara Ann Kudrna
- Wed. morning update: King Fire up to 18,544 acres; more smoke for Tahoe
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go
- Lake Tahoe hopes high for big winter; predictions mixed
- CCC to open up new Tahoe Center in Meyers to public
- TV report: Drugs, bugs inside soon-to-be-demolished Lake Tahoe hotel