TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
Honoring Maxwell Taft Bennett
- Will this be Tahoe City's new look? Fanny Bridge project nears vote
- Dredging projects underway
- Gunman on loose after robbing Tahoe pharmacy; $1,500 reward offered
- Stolen Tahoe moose head returned by man who 'found it' on side of road
- Workshop on potential changes to vacation home rental rules draws crowd of about 100 people