TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On June 22, 2013 at 10 a.m. the memorial for Maxwell Taft Bennett was held outside along the banks of the Truckee river. A gathering of close family and friends attended his celebration of life with memories, tears, laughter, and love. Max Bennett was commander and chief of the Tahoe Sheriff’s sub station from 1958-1979. A bag piper playing Amazing Grace, along with the sheriff’s station honor guard was also present at the event. The honor guard performed the unfolding and folding of the flag, and then, presented to his son, Christopher Bennett who resides in Susanville, Calif. and his two daughters, Sabrina Harrington and Shannah Bennett who both reside in San Diego.
Honoring Maxwell Taft Bennett
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to celebrate grand opening this week
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report up to 6 inches of new snow
- Want to buy a historic Lake Tahoe property? Fork over $98 million
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe opens to large crowd
- Western drought continues: Washoe Lake, before and after