Reports: Wreckage of plane that left Truckee-Tahoe Airport found in Sierra County
May 22, 2017
The wreckage of a plane that left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport with two people on board in April has been found.
Citing the Sierra County Sheriff’s Office, numerous media outlets reported that the plane and the bodies of the two occupants were discovered earlier this week in a remote area of Sierra County southeast of Yuba Pass.
The Socata TB-20 left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport near the Nevada border April 17. It was expected to land about 180 miles away at the Petaluma Municipal Airport north of San Francisco. Following an intense search effort, authorities called off the search for the plane.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Carousel
- Highway patrol: Fire closes Kingsbury Grade
- Not headed to Oregon for the total eclipse? Here’s what to know about the partial eclipse in Lake Tahoe
- SnowGlobe, South Lake Tahoe hash out details of potential agreement
- South Lake Tahoe local’s nonprofit confirms $2 million deal with Kenyan government
- Vehicle crash sparked Kingsbury Grade brush fire