Reports: Wreckage of plane that left Truckee-Tahoe Airport found in Sierra County
May 22, 2017
The wreckage of a plane that left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport with two people on board in April has been found.
Citing the Sierra County Sheriff’s Office, numerous media outlets reported that the plane and the bodies of the two occupants were discovered earlier this week in a remote area of Sierra County southeast of Yuba Pass.
The Socata TB-20 left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport near the Nevada border April 17. It was expected to land about 180 miles away at the Petaluma Municipal Airport north of San Francisco. Following an intense search effort, authorities called off the search for the plane.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Carousel
- Alibi Ale Works Truckee taproom aims to combine comfort with local brews
- Raley’s moving forward with Truckee store
- Community steps in to help Truckee woman after car accident
- Lake Tahoe’s Tyde Music brings life to local wood by creating unique instruments
- Tension over physical education program funding reveals larger problems at Incline Elementary School
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning