Tahoe-Truckee school district to address ‘unprecedented number of snow days’
January 23, 2017
TRUCKEE, Calif. — On Friday, the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District sent out a letter to parents seeking feedback on what officials are calling an "unprecedented number of snow days we have experienced this early into the winter season."
The letter proposes a number of changes to the remainder of the 2016-17 school year calendar to make up for lost days, and includes a link to a survey — https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/29CSL9C — that parents are urged to take to provide feedback.
Parents are asked to also visit your school's website for further details.
The proposed changes to the calendar will go before the TTUSD Board of Education for a special meeting on Wednesday, January 25, at 4:30 p.m., at the district's offices at 11603 Donner Pass Road, Truckee.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Carousel
- UC Davis scientists launch underwater robot in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Cell phone coverage in Lake Tahoe stinks!
- Yosemite wildfire burning in trees killed by beetles
- The Who rocks Harveys Outdoor Arena on Tahoe’s South Shore
- Guest column: Should South Lake Tahoe change policies regarding dogs in city parks?