Tahoe-Truckee school district to address ‘unprecedented number of snow days’
January 23, 2017
TRUCKEE, Calif. — On Friday, the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District sent out a letter to parents seeking feedback on what officials are calling an "unprecedented number of snow days we have experienced this early into the winter season."
The letter proposes a number of changes to the remainder of the 2016-17 school year calendar to make up for lost days, and includes a link to a survey — https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/29CSL9C — that parents are urged to take to provide feedback.
Parents are asked to also visit your school's website for further details.
The proposed changes to the calendar will go before the TTUSD Board of Education for a special meeting on Wednesday, January 25, at 4:30 p.m., at the district's offices at 11603 Donner Pass Road, Truckee.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Carousel
- Alibi Ale Works Truckee taproom aims to combine comfort with local brews
- Raley’s moving forward with Truckee store
- Community steps in to help Truckee woman after car accident
- Lake Tahoe’s Tyde Music brings life to local wood by creating unique instruments
- Tension over physical education program funding reveals larger problems at Incline Elementary School
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning