Top 10 events to check out: Farmer’s market, a maker show & fun on the lake
June 8, 2017
Below are the Sierra Sun’s picks for the Top 10 events to check out this weekend at Truckee and Lake Tahoe.
Have an event you want considered for a future Your Tahoe Weekend calendar? Email Reporter Cassandra Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Opening of Chamber’s Landing Grill for Lunch
The Grill at Chamber’s Landing will open for delicious lunch with a breathtaking view on the shore of Lake Tahoe.
When: Friday, June 9 | 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: The Grill at Chamber’s Landing
Recommended Stories For You
Cost: Menu items vary
2. Ski Run Farmer’s Market
Enjoy a lively street fair in beautiful South Lake Tahoe featuring farm fresh produce, honey, locally raised meats, hot food for dinner, handmade ice cream, chocolates, and more.
When: Friday, June 9 | 3 p.m.
Where: Ski Run Blvd.
Cost: Free event.
3. Family Fun Fridays
KidZone hosts Family Fridays featuring play-based classes that inspire and enrich children of all ages through exploration, encouragement, and sensory activities.
When: Friday, June 9 | 11 a.m.
Where: KidZone Museum
Cost: Free for members and with admission.
4. Thunderbird Paddling Festival
Join in Big Blue Adventure’s standup paddleboard festival at Sand Harbor, rounding buoys while taking in the beautiful Thunderbird Lodge in a race to the finish line.
When: Saturday, June 10 | 8 a.m.
Where: Sand Harbor State Park
Cost: $15 – $56 registration fee for different races
5. Sidewalk Saturdays
The second Saturday of the month through September marks Sidewalk Saturday in Tahoe City where guests can dine, shop and enjoy live entertainment.
When: Saturday, June 10 | noon
Where: Tahoe City
Cost: Free event
6. 12th Annual Truckee Brew Fest
The Truckee Optimist Club will host their 12th annual event for sampling craft beers and ciders from California and Nevada breweries with barbecue dinner, a silent auction and more.
When: Saturday, June 10 | 1-5 p.m.
Where: Truckee Optimist Cub
Cost: $30 in advance; $35 at the gate for guests 21+ only
7. Maker Show 2017
The third annual Maker Show, hosted by the Truckee Roundhouse Makerspace, will feature all kinds of local art with even more interactivity this year.
When: Sunday, June 11 | 10 a.m.
Where: Truckee Tahoe Lumber Company
Cost: $10; Students & attendees who ride their bike: $5; Kids under eight: free
8. Young Frankenstein
Enjoy an interactive, highly entertaining musical comedy performance put on by the Truckee Community Theater performers with various showings from June 8-11.
When: Sunday, June 11 | 2 p.m.
Where: Truckee Community Theater
Cost: Kids: $11.50, Adults: $21.50 – $26.50
9. Aromatherapy Workshop: Essential Oils for your Health & Well-Being
Learn from certified aroma-therapist, April Murrell, about essential oils and their physical, mental and emotional benefits then make your own to take home.
When: Sunday, June 11 | 1 p.m.
Where: Well Being Tahoe
Cost: $35 includes all materials
10. Knife Skills 101
Atelier Truckee presents Restaurant Trokay owner, John Weatherson, who is also a former Chef de Partie and will teach participants to safely and effectively enhance skills to dice, julienne, brunoise, and slice like a pro.
When: Sunday, June 11 | 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: Restaurant Trokay
Cassandra Walker is a features and entertainment reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at email@example.com, 530-550-2654 or @snow1cass.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Carousel
- Alibi Ale Works Truckee taproom aims to combine comfort with local brews
- Raley’s moving forward with Truckee store
- Community steps in to help Truckee woman after car accident
- Lake Tahoe’s Tyde Music brings life to local wood by creating unique instruments
- Tension over physical education program funding reveals larger problems at Incline Elementary School
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- Seamstress creates custom interior goods for Lake Tahoe homes
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning