Truckee’s FiftyFifty Brewing Co. celebrates 10 years of creating craft brews
June 5, 2017
Truckee has inspired delicious frothy delicacies including the “Foggy Goggle Belgian Wit”, “Summit Pale Ale”, and “Donner Party Porter” — all of which are available at local watering hole, FiftyFifty Brewing Co.
The brew house has been pouring draught beers for locals and visitors for the past 10 years and to celebrate, they’re hosting a community block party on Sunday, June 4.
A Community Effort
Co-founder Alicia Barr said the block party is a way for she, her husband, and their FiftyFifty team to thank the locals for their role in seeing the brewery into its 10th year in Truckee.
“We realize the reason we’ve been here for 10 years is because of the local’s support in the off-season,” Barr said. “The tourists will find the breweries when they’re here visiting, but it’s the support of the loyal locals that we would like to say ‘thank you’ for.”
Barr and her team are on a first-name basis with their regulars, they’re even known to text their most frequent visitors to let them know when their favorite beer is back on tap.
Recommended Stories For You
“It’s surreal to be celebrating 10 years and to be launching the new facility,” said Barr of their big, upcoming plans.
New Production Facility
FiftyFifty has expanded to a second location, which will serve as their production facility off of River Park Place. The facility will operate solely for distribution of their North Lake Tahoe flavors in bottles and cans.
“Cans fit the lifestyle here – you just grab them and head out to the beach or the golf course without worrying about glass bottles,” Barr said.
If scheduling goes without a hitch, they plan to have cans as well as their bottled brews available to the public this July.
“There is beer in the tanks that we hope to distribute in July,” Barr said.
You’re Invited to a Block Party
FiftyFifty’s Block Party will be held on Sunday, June 4, at their location on Brockway Road. They encourage guests to walk or ride a bike to the event rather than driving, those who do will receive a raffle ticket for swag and gift cards.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Carousel
- Raley’s moving forward with Truckee store
- Tension over physical education program funding reveals larger problems at Incline Elementary School
- Have you taken a golf lesson?
- Lake Tahoe’s Tyde Music brings life to local wood by creating unique instruments
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Douglas County jury finds man innocent in alleged sexual assault at Lake Tahoe
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort