Eldorado National Forest fire update: Table Fire at 95 percent containment
October 18, 2017
Firefighters are nearing 100 percent containment on the Table Fire in the Eldorado National Forest.
Containment of the 426-acre Table Fire is at 95 percent, according to the most recent incident report update. Full containment could be reached Wednesday evening.
Crews will continue to mop up the fire’s perimeter and rehab fire lines. A total of 39 personnel are working on the fire.
The Table Fire is burning in a remote area of the forest about 3 miles northeast of Ice House Reservoir. It was first reported on Sept. 8 but did not become active until Oct. 8.
Elsewhere in the forest, firefighters have completely contained the 29-acre Ice Fire burning 2 miles west of the intersection of Ice House and White Meadows roads. The cause is still under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch to take effect as atmospheric river moves into region
- Tahoe Seasons Resort evacuated after smoke fills third floor
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- South Lake Tahoe City Council to discuss VHR policies
- South Lake Tahoe restaurants donating proceeds to fire, hurricane victims
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain possible today, cloudy conditions to linger through week