Contractor strikes waterline, temporarily leaves customers without water pressure
October 16, 2017
Some water customers in South Lake Tahoe were left with either no or very low water pressure Monday morning after a contractor struck a waterline.
The 14-inch line was struck at Cedar Avenue and La Salle Street near Stateline, according to a press release from South Tahoe Public Utility District. The impacts were felt from the Stateline area to the west end of Pioneer Trail.
STUPD crews responded and had water service restored by 10:15 am.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Fire evacuation advisory northeast of Reno at Pyramid Lake
- VIDEO: South Lake Tahoe family has close encounter with young black bear
- A cigarette, a car backfire: Small sparks can make big fires
- Brothel owner: Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal
- Editor’s Notes: Reflecting on 1 year at Lake Tahoe (opinion)