False alarm draws police to South Lake Tahoe Wells Fargo at the Y
September 20, 2017
The police presence spotted outside the Wells Fargo Bank at the Y was for what turned out to be a false alarm.
South Lake Tahoe police received a report of a robbery Wednesday, Lt. David Stevenson told the Tribune. After arriving on scene it was quickly determined to be a false alarm.
Christina Staffa, service manager at the Wells Fargo location, told the Tribune the branch is open and operating normally.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Contractor strikes waterline, temporarily leaves customers without water pressure
- Las Vegas tourism sees changes in aftermath of shooting
- US, states struggle to pay spiraling cost of fighting fires
- Brothel owner: Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- 1 killed, 1 critical in crash that closed I-80 west of Reno
- Ask Tessie: How do I meet a responsible man in Tahoe?
- Former and current Tahoe residents impacted by Northern California fires
- Construction begins on Round Hill Pines Beach Resort
- Where to view fall foliage — then grab a bite — in Lake Tahoe (video)
- Update on Eldorado National Forest wildfires: Table Fire grows to 250 acres; Ice Fire close to 100% containment