Farad Fire near Truckee 100 percent contained, I-80 open
July 17, 2017
The Farad Fire was 100 percent contained as of Sunday, July 16, authorities said.
The report comes nearly a week after the wildfire started in the hills adjacent to Interstate 80 about 12 miles northeast of Truckee.
The fire, which started about 1 p.m. on Monday, July 10, burned 747 acres and forced sporadic closures on Interstate 80 as crews worked to contain the fire.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- Two admit involvement in rash of vehicle burglaries outside Stateline casinos
- Lake Tahoe weather: Lake wind advisory in effect today, snow still in forecast
- Fatal 16-vehicle crash cleared, westbound I-80 reopens near Eagle Lakes
- Kirkwood fined over wetlands contamination