Farad Fire near Truckee 100 percent contained, I-80 open
July 17, 2017
The Farad Fire was 100 percent contained as of Sunday, July 16, authorities said.
The report comes nearly a week after the wildfire started in the hills adjacent to Interstate 80 about 12 miles northeast of Truckee.
The fire, which started about 1 p.m. on Monday, July 10, burned 747 acres and forced sporadic closures on Interstate 80 as crews worked to contain the fire.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Douglas County School District to discuss sale of Kingsbury Middle School
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- New Lake Tahoe sewer authority takes shape
- Crews gain ground on Detwiler Fire but brace for lightning in California
- Overnight closures planned for state highway in El Dorado County
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- South Lake Tahoe resident wins Tahoe Rim Trail Endurance Run 100 mile race
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys