Handful of homes by Fallen Leaf Lake to be without power for 2 weeks
May 30, 2017
About 15 Liberty Utilities customers in a remote area near Fallen Leaf Lake will be without power for approximately two weeks.
The outage is due to replacement work involving power poles and lines destroyed by winter storms. The work will be done via helicopter. According to Kathy Carter, spokesperson for Liberty, other people have relayed that this area of Fallen Leaf Lake — Lilly Lake and Glen Alpine areas — consists of secondary homes.
“Thank you to our customers for their patience and understanding as we make repairs in both these areas,” read a statement from Liberty.
Additionally, about 240 customers in the Commonwealth Drive area of Kings Beach experienced an outage Tuesday morning. Crews are onsite repairing a bad underground cable with estimated restoration around 3 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Stand up pedalboards making waves around Lake Tahoe
- Revisiting Angora Fire 10 years after devastating blaze ignited in Lake Tahoe
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge