Handful of homes by Fallen Leaf Lake to be without power for 2 weeks
May 30, 2017
About 15 Liberty Utilities customers in a remote area near Fallen Leaf Lake will be without power for approximately two weeks.
The outage is due to replacement work involving power poles and lines destroyed by winter storms. The work will be done via helicopter. According to Kathy Carter, spokesperson for Liberty, other people have relayed that this area of Fallen Leaf Lake — Lilly Lake and Glen Alpine areas — consists of secondary homes.
“Thank you to our customers for their patience and understanding as we make repairs in both these areas,” read a statement from Liberty.
Additionally, about 240 customers in the Commonwealth Drive area of Kings Beach experienced an outage Tuesday morning. Crews are onsite repairing a bad underground cable with estimated restoration around 3 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (videos)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council backpedals on VHR ordinance
- DA releases new video in El Dorado County cold case
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of rain Thursday night, snow Friday morning
- As Election Day nears, divided panel discusses road sales tax Measure C