Murder suspect apparently commits suicide on Interstate 80 in Truckee
May 18, 2017
A man identified as a possible suspect in the shooting death of a Lincoln woman on Wednesday, May 17, was found deceased in a vehicle with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in Truckee.
The unidentified man’s vehicle was spotted heading eastbound on Interstate 80 on Wednesday. Law enforcement authorities attempted to stop the vehicle, and the driver fled, the Lincoln Police Department said in a statement.
“Some of the vehicle’s tires were disabled, bringing the vehicle to a stop on I-80, west of Hirschdale Road.”
Law enforcement authorities approached the vehicle and found the driver deceased.
The coroner’s division of the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office will release the suspect’s identity because the death occurred in the county.
The shooting death of the woman was reported about 8:20 a.m., the police department said. The woman, who was shot in the upper body, was found in a garage in Lincoln.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Main Headline
- Yosemite expecting busy Memorial Day weekend
- UPDATE: Police say stolen tractor-trailer crashed into famed brothel near Carson City
- Nevada DOT may narrow, add turn lanes to US 50 Tahoe corridor
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Colorado ski town
- Vail Resorts strikes deal with Colorado county on workforce housing
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Boaters leaving Lake Tahoe must remove drain plug
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- South Lake Brewing Company celebrates grand opening (photos)
- Motorist hurt after going over side of Kingsbury Grade