Murder suspect apparently commits suicide on Interstate 80 in Truckee
May 18, 2017
A man identified as a possible suspect in the shooting death of a Lincoln woman on Wednesday, May 17, was found deceased in a vehicle with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in Truckee.
The unidentified man’s vehicle was spotted heading eastbound on Interstate 80 on Wednesday. Law enforcement authorities attempted to stop the vehicle, and the driver fled, the Lincoln Police Department said in a statement.
“Some of the vehicle’s tires were disabled, bringing the vehicle to a stop on I-80, west of Hirschdale Road.”
Law enforcement authorities approached the vehicle and found the driver deceased.
The coroner’s division of the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office will release the suspect’s identity because the death occurred in the county.
The shooting death of the woman was reported about 8:20 a.m., the police department said. The woman, who was shot in the upper body, was found in a garage in Lincoln.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Woodacre man dies in single-vehicle crash on Highway 88 near South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County School District to discuss sale of Kingsbury Middle School
- Crews gain ground on Detwiler Fire but brace for lightning in California
- Overnight closures planned for state highway in El Dorado County
- New Lake Tahoe sewer authority takes shape
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Review: What’s it like riding a LimeBike in South Lake Tahoe?
- Momentum picks up in fight against invasive plants in Tahoe Keys
- State of the Lake Report on Lake Tahoe to be presented July 27
- Proposed Shoreline Plan could allow 138 new piers in Lake Tahoe