Nevada seeking input on Spooner Lake improvements
January 14, 2017
Nevada State Parks is currently planning improvements for the Spooner Unit of Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park and invites input from the public. Interested individuals may complete a survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SpoonerLake. The survey will be available through Jan. 31.
The agency is seeking input on ways to improve the experience at Spooner, with particular emphasis on expanding educational and interpretive opportunities.
Spooner Lake offers fishing, hiking, picnicking and a quick escape into nature. The Spooner Backcountry encompasses more than 12,000 acres of forested open space with 50 miles of hiking, equestrian and mountain biking trails.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Sand Harbor traffic issue prompts ticket warning
- Bird found in South Lake Tahoe area tests positive for West Nile virus
- Lake Tahoe South Shore casinos wrap up year $15.3 million in the black
- Sale closes on deal to combine Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, KSL, Intrawest, and Mammoth Resorts
- Recent studies tie marijuana to more collisions, but not fatalities
- UC Davis scientists launch underwater robot in Lake Tahoe
- Witnesses sought in Stateline stabbing outside Tahoe casino
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Cell phone coverage in Lake Tahoe stinks!
- Ask Tessie: What do you think about Whole Foods coming to SLT?
- LimeBike releases rider data for Lake Tahoe’s South Shore