UPDATE: Prescribed burn on Tahoe West Shore cancelled
October 29, 2017
The prescribed fire operation scheduled for Wednesday at D.L. Bliss State Park has been cancelled until further notice due to wet conditions.
ORIGINAL POST Prescribed burn planned for Tahoe West Shore
Officials with California State Parks and the Tahoe Fire Fuels team hope to start the fall prescribed fire program in the coming week.
If conditions are favorable, prescribed fire operations will take place in D.L. Bliss State Park on the southwest end of Lake Tahoe starting Wednesday, Nov. 1.
The burn was originally planned for earlier this month but it was postponed when resources had to be directed to the destructive wildfires in Northern California.
Smoke from the operation may be visible and is expected to last through the week in the Tahoe Basin.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County moves toward temporary cannabis ban
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location
- SnowSport Safety Foundation releases safety report card; California ski industry dismisses report
- UPDATE: Lifts running as Heavenly Mountain Resort opens 2017-18 season (video)