South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue responds to small fire; cause of ‘booming’ sound unknown
November 7, 2017
Investigators are unsure what may have caused a loud "booming" sound in a South Lake Tahoe neighborhood near the Y on Tuesday.
South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue responded to a small fire at a residence in the 1900 block of D Street around noon Tuesday. The fire originated in a closet containing a hot water heater, SLTFR Battalion Chief Jim Drennan told the Tribune.
One person reported hearing a big "booming" sound, but there was nothing inside the home to indicate an explosion, Drennan said.
An area resident also told the Tribune he heard a loud noise that sounded like an explosion.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
Drennan said the home sustained some light smoke damage.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- New mountain community under construction near Lake Tahoe
- Changes to South Lake Tahoe vacation home rental rules finalized
- J-1 visa program helps Lake Tahoe South Shore businesses
- Where to go in Tahoe if you don’t want to cook a Thanksgiving meal