South Lake Tahoe police investigating fatal collision involving vehicle and bicycle
May 17, 2017
Police are investigating the cause of a vehicle-vs-bicycle collision in South Lake Tahoe that claimed the life the bicyclist.
Officers responded to the intersection of Lake Tahoe and Takela boulevards Saturday for a reported collision, according to a press release from the city of South Lake Tahoe. The bicyclist was transported by medical personnel, but later pronounced deceased. The bicyclist’s identity is being withheld until next of kin is notified.
The driver of the vehicle did not sustain any life threatening injuries, and neither alcohol nor other drugs are believed to be a factor. The cause of the collision is still under investigation.
With summer bringing increased traffic, the South Lake Tahoe Police Department issued a reminder about the importance of being aware of surroundings when driving and/or riding a bike.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- South Lake Tahoe considers service that tracks down illegal VHRs
- Fatal 16-vehicle crash cleared, westbound I-80 reopens near Eagle Lakes
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Kirkwood fined over wetlands contamination