Workers cut down trees near Lakeview Commons as part of the Harrison Avenue project Tuesday in South Lake Tahoe. More than 50 trees are being removed to make room for parking lots, sidwalks and bike paths. On Thursday, crews will drive a pulverizer down Harrison to grind out the old roadway.
Harrison avenue Work begins
Trending in: South Shore
- The Natural: NCIS: New Orleans star Black has been in the business since 10 years old, making fifth ACC appearance
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'
- Urban plays first of two shows
- Mulder wins American Century Championship, becomes third back-to-back winner in tournament history
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)