ABOVE: Noah Lyle, a sixth-grader at Saint Theresa School, falls out of a cardboard boat at El Dorado Beach on Friday. Several students tested out homemade cardboard boats in the lake after studying buoyancy in their science classes at school. Children in grades five through eight participated in the project and were only allowed to use duct tape, packaging tape and cardboard for the experiment. Once in the water, parents and classmates cheered from the shore as students sat in their boats and tried to paddle. Some boats floated for a while before collapsing or rolling over.
Trending in: South Shore
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- Woman, 61, suspected of embezzling $850,000 from Lake Tahoe business
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man, woman fight over food, who pooped in bathtub
- Tahoe's Sand Harbor boat ramp won't launch for 2015; others will open
- Maloff presents Barton with $10 million check