ABOVE: Noah Lyle, a sixth-grader at Saint Theresa School, falls out of a cardboard boat at El Dorado Beach on Friday. Several students tested out homemade cardboard boats in the lake after studying buoyancy in their science classes at school. Children in grades five through eight participated in the project and were only allowed to use duct tape, packaging tape and cardboard for the experiment. Once in the water, parents and classmates cheered from the shore as students sat in their boats and tried to paddle. Some boats floated for a while before collapsing or rolling over.
Trending in: South Shore
- Seeping water caused radioactive dump blast in Nevada
- Business news: Workshop to focus on South Lake Tahoe Loop Road
- News briefs: Heavenly opens Stagecoach Lodge, snow removal instructions and more
- Soak it in: Hot springs in the Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- New South Lake Tahoe venue brings live magic show, dining