ABOVE: Noah Lyle, a sixth-grader at Saint Theresa School, falls out of a cardboard boat at El Dorado Beach on Friday. Several students tested out homemade cardboard boats in the lake after studying buoyancy in their science classes at school. Children in grades five through eight participated in the project and were only allowed to use duct tape, packaging tape and cardboard for the experiment. Once in the water, parents and classmates cheered from the shore as students sat in their boats and tried to paddle. Some boats floated for a while before collapsing or rolling over.
Trending in: South Shore
- Drought impact on Sierra forests starting to show in Nevada
- Harveys Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series launches Saturday
- Petition to put Loop Road on South Lake Tahoe ballot moving forward (story will be updated again)
- Orphaned Tahoe bear cubs flourish at Reno rescue
- Man apparently drowns in Lake Tahoe; investigation underway