ABOVE: Noah Lyle, a sixth-grader at Saint Theresa School, falls out of a cardboard boat at El Dorado Beach on Friday. Several students tested out homemade cardboard boats in the lake after studying buoyancy in their science classes at school. Children in grades five through eight participated in the project and were only allowed to use duct tape, packaging tape and cardboard for the experiment. Once in the water, parents and classmates cheered from the shore as students sat in their boats and tried to paddle. Some boats floated for a while before collapsing or rolling over.
Trending in: South Shore
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Ky-Mani Marley releases statement about missed South Shore show
- South Tahoe football rolls past Sparks 49-19 in season opener
- South Tahoe girls soccer seeks fifth state championship in seven seasons after being dethroned
- Tree mortality an increasing concern in Lake Tahoe Basin