Wednesday and Thursday saw record temperatures in South Lake Tahoe, according to records kept by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel. A weather station at Lake Tahoe Airport recorded a temperature of 68 degrees Wednesday, topping the previous record of 64 degrees for the date, set in 2007. On Thursday, temperature at the airport reached 66 degrees, four degrees warmer than the previous record for the date, also set in 2007. The weather is expected to gradually cool through next week, with temperatures reaching the high-30s by Thursday, according to forecasts by the National Weather Service in Reno.
Record temperatures set at the South Shore
Trending in: South Shore
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Lake Tahoe storm brings 2 feet of snow, cross-country resorts reopen
- Tahoe’s South Shore expected to receive brunt of weekend storm
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83
- Truckee Police logs: Women punch, kick woman suspected of having affair