Wednesday and Thursday saw record temperatures in South Lake Tahoe, according to records kept by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel. A weather station at Lake Tahoe Airport recorded a temperature of 68 degrees Wednesday, topping the previous record of 64 degrees for the date, set in 2007. On Thursday, temperature at the airport reached 66 degrees, four degrees warmer than the previous record for the date, also set in 2007. The weather is expected to gradually cool through next week, with temperatures reaching the high-30s by Thursday, according to forecasts by the National Weather Service in Reno.
Record temperatures set at the South Shore
Trending in: South Shore
- Attorney alleges negligence, prejudice in South Lake Tahoe officer-involved shooting
- Drug agent admits to trafficking in Nevada's Douglas County Court
- El Niño hiatus: Tahoe's unseasonably warm temperatures not yet a snowpack concern
- South Shore's Lavish Green returns to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
- Find a touch of heaven at these seven Tahoe-Truckee places for pampering this Valentine's Day