Staff Report

Follow Me

Back to: News
May 5, 2014
Follow News

Roof fire put out on Uplands Way

Firefighters put out a roof fire Monday afternoon before it could cause much damage to a home at 2357 Uplands Way.

Someone driving by reported seeing smoke and a small fire on the house’s wood shake roof.

The fire damage was limited to wood shingles around the home’s chimney. There was a fire in the fireplace at the time, Lake Valley Fire Chief Gareth Harris said.

Fallen Leaf Lake Fire, Lake Valley Fire, South Lake Tahoe Fire and Cal Fire responded to the incident. U.S. Forest Service fire crews searched the area to make sure no embers spread to neighboring properties with high winds blowing through the area.

Stories you may be interested in

Tahoe Daily Tribune Updated May 6, 2014 02:18PM Published May 6, 2014 08:10PM Copyright 2014 Tahoe Daily Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.