Firefighters put out a roof fire Monday afternoon before it could cause much damage to a home at 2357 Uplands Way.
Someone driving by reported seeing smoke and a small fire on the house’s wood shake roof.
The fire damage was limited to wood shingles around the home’s chimney. There was a fire in the fireplace at the time, Lake Valley Fire Chief Gareth Harris said.
Fallen Leaf Lake Fire, Lake Valley Fire, South Lake Tahoe Fire and Cal Fire responded to the incident. U.S. Forest Service fire crews searched the area to make sure no embers spread to neighboring properties with high winds blowing through the area.