The Soroptimist International of Tahoe Sierra (S.I.T.S.) recently installed its 2014/15 officers and board members. Newly installed President Diane Imbach has selected S.I.T.S.: Superstars of Service as the theme for her term. Additional officers and directors include: Lydia Rogers, Shelly Martinez, Mary McKee, Shirley Barr, JoAnn Tillson, Mandy Kendall, Wendy David, Trudy Mills, Collette Wigart, Doris Groelz, and Laurie Brazil. The leadership team is excited to lead the club as they focus on the needs, issues and programs for Women and Youth, both locally and globally. The club recently distributed more than 3,500 books to the Elementary and Middle Schools so every child living in South Lake Tahoe in grades K-8 has a book to read over the summer. They were also able to donate six books addressing the issue of human trafficking to the local library. To learn more about the Soroptimist International of Tahoe Sierra visit www.sitahoesierra.org.
Installations held, books distributed
Trending in: News
- Ky-Mani Marley releases statement about missed South Shore show
- Take a hike: Direct route to Marlette Lake leads to serene waters perched above Lake Tahoe's East Shore
- Tree mortality an increasing concern in Lake Tahoe Basin
- Back to school already? Lake Tahoe Unified School District provides tips for hesitant students
- Letter: Learn about Nick Exline, candidate for STPUD Board