Wednesday and Thursday saw record temperatures in South Lake Tahoe, according to records kept by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel. A weather station at Lake Tahoe Airport recorded a temperature of 68 degrees Wednesday, topping the previous record of 64 degrees for the date, set in 2007. On Thursday, temperature at the airport reached 66 degrees, four degrees warmer than the previous record for the date, also set in 2007. The weather is expected to gradually cool through next week, with temperatures reaching the high-30s by Thursday, according to forecasts by the National Weather Service in Reno.
Record temperatures set at the South Shore
Trending in: News
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Try Pretty Odd Wieners Hot Dog Cart in Meyers, California
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more
- South Tahoe area issues rodent plague advisory
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels