Wednesday and Thursday saw record temperatures in South Lake Tahoe, according to records kept by the National Weather Service and the Weather Channel. A weather station at Lake Tahoe Airport recorded a temperature of 68 degrees Wednesday, topping the previous record of 64 degrees for the date, set in 2007. On Thursday, temperature at the airport reached 66 degrees, four degrees warmer than the previous record for the date, also set in 2007. The weather is expected to gradually cool through next week, with temperatures reaching the high-30s by Thursday, according to forecasts by the National Weather Service in Reno.
Record temperatures set at the South Shore
Trending in: News
- National Weather Service issues winter storm warning for Lake Tahoe (video)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday
- Seasonal workers flock to California to process marijuana
- South Lake Tahoe police search for man suspected in bike path robbery
- Heavenly, Kirkwood mountains to open more ski terrain Thanksgiving weekend