Staff Report

Follow Me

Back to: News
December 4, 2013
Follow News

Accidental drug overdose killed firefighter

An accidental multiple-drug overdose is listed as the cause of death for Brandon “Mitch” Underhill, the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.

Underhill, 34, was a firefighter paramedic with the Lake Valley Fire Protection District.

He died unexpectedly Sunday, Sept. 29. A memorial celebration of Underhill’s life was held Oct. 20 in South Lake Tahoe.

The cause of death was determined through an investigation, interviews and toxicology results, the sheriff’s office said.

Stories you may be interested in

Tahoe Daily Tribune Updated Dec 4, 2013 06:08PM Published Dec 4, 2013 06:08PM Copyright 2013 Tahoe Daily Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.