Smith, Kirra Lee, age 23, was killed in a head on car accident in New Zealand, July 29th. Originally from South Lake Tahoe, CA. Deeply loved only daughter of Wendy Smith. Kirra was truly loved by many relatives and hundreds of friends from all over the world who had the good fortune to know her. Kirra was famously known for her laughter, her smile, her love of art, fashion and music. It was said she would “light up a room” wherever she went. Her laughter was truly infectious. She loved life to its fullest, she deeply loved her friends and family. She had been living in Wanaka, New Zealand for the past three years while working and traveling. She had spent time in Thailand, and spent time living with rescued elephants in Laos. A STHS graduate in 2008, followed by a two year art study at Cabrillo College in Santa Cruz prior to New Zealand. A service to celebrate Kirra’s all too short life will be held in the backyard of the Ricioli family on Aug. 17th at 11:30 a.m., 1039 Cheyenne Dr., Meyers, CA. Close friends and family are invited to attend and share memories of Kirra’s life.
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Strength in numbers: Lake Tahoe Community College men's soccer counting on depth in second season
- Nevada now selling medical marijuana
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more