3.9 magnitude earthquake hits Douglas County, felt in South Lake Tahoe
June 6, 2017
The United States Geological Survey reports a 3.9 earthquake hit about 12 miles south of the Gardnerville Ranchos at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The quake was felt throughout Douglas County any beyond. Some in South Lake Tahoe reported feeling a jolt.
No injuries or damage were reported. However, sheriff's deputies and fire crews are busy responding to multiple wildfires in the county Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Bird found in South Lake Tahoe area tests positive for West Nile virus
- Officials fine Squaw Valley over death of ski patroller
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Groundbreaking set for future Whole Foods location in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- UC Davis scientists launch underwater robot in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Cell phone coverage in Lake Tahoe stinks!
- Will Lake Tahoe casinos ever be smoke-free?
- Guest column: Should South Lake Tahoe change policies regarding dogs in city parks?
- Yosemite wildfire burning in trees killed by beetles