Car vs power pole causes power outage in South Lake Tahoe
June 6, 2017
A vehicle hit a power pole at the corner of Al Tahoe and Pioneer Trail, tripping the main circuit and causing a power outage.
Crews are responding, according to a tweet from Liberty Utilities. The main circuit trips to preserve the rest of the line. Crews are trying to isolate the impact and restore power in sections.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Bird found in South Lake Tahoe area tests positive for West Nile virus
- Officials fine Squaw Valley over death of ski patroller
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Groundbreaking set for future Whole Foods location in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- UC Davis scientists launch underwater robot in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Cell phone coverage in Lake Tahoe stinks!
- Will Lake Tahoe casinos ever be smoke-free?
- Guest column: Should South Lake Tahoe change policies regarding dogs in city parks?
- Yosemite wildfire burning in trees killed by beetles