CHP: Female cyclist suffers ‘major injuries’ near Emerald Bay in Tahoe
June 13, 2017
A female cyclist suffered major injuries in a solo bicycle collision near Emerald Bay Tuesday.
The female rider, who was not identified, was transported to Renown Health via Calstar, according to a tweet from California Highway Patrol South Lake Tahoe.
The collision occurred at Vikingsholm, a popular destination in Emerald Bay. Photos show a Calstar helicopter landing on California Route 89 near the parking lot above Vikingsholm.
No other information was provided.
The Tribune will update this story as more details become available.
— CHP South Lake Tahoe (@CHPSouthLake) June 13, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room