Murder suspect apparently commits suicide on Interstate 80 in Truckee
May 18, 2017
A man identified as a possible suspect in the shooting death of a Lincoln woman on Wednesday, May 17, was found deceased in a vehicle with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in Truckee.
The unidentified man’s vehicle was spotted heading eastbound on Interstate 80 on Wednesday. Law enforcement authorities attempted to stop the vehicle, and the driver fled, the Lincoln Police Department said in a statement.
“Some of the vehicle’s tires were disabled, bringing the vehicle to a stop on I-80, west of Hirschdale Road.”
Law enforcement authorities approached the vehicle and found the driver deceased.
The coroner’s division of the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office will release the suspect’s identity because the death occurred in the county.
The shooting death of the woman was reported about 8:20 a.m., the police department said. The woman, who was shot in the upper body, was found in a garage in Lincoln.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Minden woman dies after rescue from Upper Truckee River in South Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room
- U.S. 50 still closed near Cave Rock; Kingsbury Grade open; mudslide shuts down U.S. 50 in Pollock Pines
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter-like conditions and snow returning to Sierra