Photos: South Lake Tahoe People’s Climate Change March
April 30, 2017
Swarms of people came out Saturday, April 29, to participate in the South Lake Tahoe People’s Climate Change March.
The march in South Lake Tahoe was one of hundreds that occurred across the country. The demonstrations were intended to bring attention to the importance of climate change. The marches came on the symbolic 100th day of President Donald Trump’s time in office.
Some marchers on the South Shore held signs thanking the city of South Lake Tahoe for its recent commitment to try and reach 100 percent renewable energy by 2032. Saturday’s event ended in Bijou Community Park, which served as the site of the South Tahoe Earth Day Festival.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Bird found in South Lake Tahoe area tests positive for West Nile virus
- Officials fine Squaw Valley over death of ski patroller
- Groundbreaking set for future Whole Foods location in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- UC Davis scientists launch underwater robot in Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Prosperity Center column: Cell phone coverage in Lake Tahoe stinks!
- Yosemite wildfire burning in trees killed by beetles
- The Who rocks Harveys Outdoor Arena on Tahoe’s South Shore
- Guest column: Should South Lake Tahoe change policies regarding dogs in city parks?