Photos: South Lake Tahoe People’s Climate Change March
April 30, 2017
Swarms of people came out Saturday, April 29, to participate in the South Lake Tahoe People’s Climate Change March.
The march in South Lake Tahoe was one of hundreds that occurred across the country. The demonstrations were intended to bring attention to the importance of climate change. The marches came on the symbolic 100th day of President Donald Trump’s time in office.
Some marchers on the South Shore held signs thanking the city of South Lake Tahoe for its recent commitment to try and reach 100 percent renewable energy by 2032. Saturday’s event ended in Bijou Community Park, which served as the site of the South Tahoe Earth Day Festival.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe kayaker recounts near-death experience in Upper Truckee River
- Minden woman who died after falling in Upper Truckee River remembered at celebration of life
- Edgewood Tahoe celebrates completion of $100M lodge
- Search continues in reduced capacity for missing kayaker at Lake Tahoe
- Kayaker reported missing at Lake Tahoe found safe in hotel room