Reports: Wreckage of plane that left Truckee-Tahoe Airport found in Sierra County
May 20, 2017
The wreckage of a plane that left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport with two people on board in April has been found.
Citing the Sierra County Sheriff’s Office, numerous media outlets reported that the plane and the bodies of the two occupants were discovered earlier this week in a remote area of Sierra County southeast of Yuba Pass.
The Socata TB-20 left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport near the Nevada border April 17. It was expected to land about 180 miles away at the Petaluma Municipal Airport north of San Francisco. Following an intense search effort, authorities called off the search for the plane.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Lake Tahoe weather: Happy first day of fall, here is some more snow
- California Highway Patrol IDs South Lake Tahoe motorcyclist killed in crash
- Lake Tahoe weather: Lake wind advisory in effect today, snow still in forecast
- Lake Tahoe weather: Chance of snow at 7,000 feet on Thursday and Friday
- South Lake Tahoe man lying in highway dies after being unintentionally run over in Gardnerville
- Lake Tahoe couple puts on charity dinners in custom wine cellar
- Hidden painted rocks the latest craze sweeping across the South Shore
- Guest column: City of South Lake Tahoe ignoring reality in crafting VHR policies
- First snow of 2017-18 season falls in mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe (video)
- Snow in September? Don’t worry, winter is not here yet