Reports: Wreckage of plane that left Truckee-Tahoe Airport found in Sierra County
May 20, 2017
The wreckage of a plane that left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport with two people on board in April has been found.
Citing the Sierra County Sheriff’s Office, numerous media outlets reported that the plane and the bodies of the two occupants were discovered earlier this week in a remote area of Sierra County southeast of Yuba Pass.
The Socata TB-20 left the Truckee-Tahoe Airport near the Nevada border April 17. It was expected to land about 180 miles away at the Petaluma Municipal Airport north of San Francisco. Following an intense search effort, authorities called off the search for the plane.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Bear finds garbage gold mine in Tahoe Keys truck
- US 50 reopens after fatal crash at Cave Rock
- Man rescued from Upper Truckee River after kayak becomes pinned under tree
- Minden woman dies after rescue from Upper Truckee River in South Lake Tahoe