About Us | TahoeDailyTribune.com

About Us

The Tahoe Daily Tribune is located at 3079 Harrison Avenue is South Lake Tahoe, Calif. The telephone number is (530) 541-3880.

The Tahoe Daily Tribune was founded on June 26, 1958 by Frank and Mary Chase. It was a weekly newspaper called the Tahoe-Sierra Tribune. The Chases sold the paper to Scripps League of Newspapers in 1963. It was acquired by Reno-based Swift Newspapers, now Swift Communications, in August of 1975.

The Tahoe Daily Tribune publishes in print on Fridays. It also publishes an arts and entertainment publication called Lake Tahoe Action. Action is inserted into the Tribune each week.

On April 16, 2007 the Tahoe Daily Tribune went from a paid, broadsheet newspaper to a free, tall-tab format, a revolutionary change that is quickly becoming the industry standard. The Tahoe Daily Tribune is one of the first newspapers of its kind to make this kind of change.

The Tahoe Daily Tribune covers the southern portion of Lake Tahoe and the community of Incline Village, Nevada. During winter, 14 ski resorts around the lake make this a world-class ski destination. The area is also a world-class destination resort for summer activities.