Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location
November 18, 2017
Sunday is the last day of business at Verde Mexican Rotisserie's original location in Meyers.
Owners Katy and Domi Chavarria opened up their second restaurant in The Crossing at Tahoe Valley in July, but after five months of running two locations, they made the difficult decision to shut down the Meyers operation.
"It was purely based on the fact that we just wanted to be with the family more. Running two restaurants with two small kids is extremely hard," said Katy. "We just built this new Verde location and put a lot of energy into it."
The Chavarrias opened up their first restaurant at the Meyers Station in Dec. 2014.
"Domi and I are overwhelmed by the support and love we had from the Meyers community," said Katy. "We built something really special out there, but we just have to put our focus on one restaurant."
The consolidation will allow them to concentrate on what really matters: serving up high-quality, healthy food to the South Shore community.
Recommended Stories For You
"We provide a unique twist on Mexican food. We use high-quality ingredients, like grass-fed cheese and non-GMO tortillas. We try to be conscious about what we're putting on peoples' plates," explained Katy.
Katy said they are excited about the potential at their new centrally-located restaurant, including more opportunity for catering and private parties, as well as live music on Taco Tuesdays.
"With the opening of our new location in town, we have again received so much support from Verde regulars as well as many new faces," added Katy. "We couldn't have come this far without all of you and are forever grateful."
There are now five restaurants in Meyers: The Divided Sky, Meyers Downtown Café, Bob Dog Pizza, The Getaway Café and Burger Lounge. Freel Perk Coffee Shop is still open next to Verde's original location, and the Pretty Odd Wieners food truck is parked outside Roadrunner Gas & Liquor.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe Mountain News opens nanobrewery in South Lake Tahoe
- Apple plans to build distribution facility in Reno
- Tech billionaire to purchase Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- On-demand snowplowing service, power bar for people and dogs among businesses launched at Startup Weekend Tahoe
- Verde Mexican Rotisserie closes Meyers location
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)