Alpine Meadows’ annual Snow Golf Tournament tees off Saturday
April 20, 2018
For the 35th year, snow golf is returning to one Lake Tahoe-based ski resort.
On Saturday, April 21, Alpine Meadows' annual Snow Golf Tournament tees off at 9 a.m., featuring a day filled with fun for all ages.
"As the only top-to-bottom snow golf course, this highly anticipated spring event is a unique way to spend a day on the slopes with the whole family," states the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website.
"The nine-hole course starts at the top of Summit Express Chair and meanders its way down the mountain with the last holes bringing competitors back to the bottom of Alpine Bowl Chair."
There also will be a prize for best costume at the event, so "ditch the ski jacket for a collared shirt and khakis" and "channel your inner Caddyshack," the site suggests.
Registration is free (Alpine Meadows recommends groups of four people), and tee times are scheduled from 9 a.m. to noon. One golf club and two tennis balls (per person) are provided, along with scorecards.
Recommended Stories For You
Alpine Meadows is located at 2600 Alpine Meadows Road in Olympic Valley. Additional information is available at http://www.squawalpine.com.
Trending In: Activities & Events
- Supernatural scares: finding the paranormal near Lake Tahoe
- Snowshoeing Tahoe: Five must-do snowshoe hikes that offer fun, adventure
- Destination Lake Tahoe: Check out these 6 scenic spots you can access by bike
- Locals’ party of the year: Freakers Ball at MontBleu gets crazy (photos)
- Reno’s monthly Wine Walk returns
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors